I’m celebrating love in February. No, not love for my husband—love for myself! I’d like to invite you to join me for the very first Love Yourself Wardrobe Challenge!
I’ve thought about starting an Instagram challenge for a long time. I wasn’t sure exactly what kind of challenge I wanted it to be until we started heading into the holiday season last year and all the mental work I did to improve my body image was tested. My goal for the holidays and beyond became to dress myself in love and to only create things that supported my positive body image.
How It Works
If you’re new to Instagram challenges—it’s pretty simple. There is a daily prompt/theme that inspires you to post a picture and caption about the theme. Don’t feel pressured to post every day or even at all! You can simply follow the challenge on Instagram and make your own commitment to look at how your wardrobe supports your personal journey of greater self acceptance.
LoveWardrobe2019 is not a competition. It also isn’t a challenge to make yourself a whole new wardrobe of clothes (unless you want to!). Look at what you already have that supports your positive body image.
To share on Instagram, be sure to use our hashtag #LoveWardrobe2019. And don’t forget to follow Laela Jeyne Patterns on Instagram to see the daily posts.
Below are each of the prompts I developed to support this whole idea of dressing myself in love! I can’t wait to see what everyone shares. I hope this challenge inspires you to love yourself!
- Confidence: What gives you confidence when sewing or dressing yourself?
- Celebrate My Size: Tall, short, big, small, and everywhere in between—we all deserve to be celebrated
- Sewing Heals: What has sewing done for you?
- Against The Rules: Let’s break the fashion rules!
- Accessories: Do you sew or make yourself accessories that make you feel like the bomb dot com?
- Tops: That shirt or blouse that makes you feel great
- Bottoms: Rock that bod in your pants, shorts, skirts, or any bottoms!
- Bikini Body: Everyone’s a bathing beauty
- Dare To Wear: Take a risk—wear that thing that secretly makes you feel great
- Comfort: What’s your version of comfort?
- Top 5: Show off your top 5 pieces or outfits that empower you
- All About the Fit: Is there one piece that flatters your every curve and angle?
- Underneath It All: Do you sew undergarments? Let’s see them!
- Date Night: Whether you date your spouse, SO, yourself, or your pet—what do you wear?
- Colors: Show off that fabric
- Prints: Let’s see those beautiful prints
- Dress Up: Let’s see those snazzy threads
- Represent: Who do you represent in the sewing community?
- Love Your Curves: Are they sharp? Subtle? Abundant? Flaunt ’em!
- Frosting: Sure you don’t need it, but show it off anyway
- Uniform: What’s your daily “uniform”?
- That One Thing: What’s the one thing you love about yourself?
- Favorite: What’s your absolute favorite piece?
- Future Generation: What do you want the next generation to learn about sewing and self acceptance?
- Seasons: Favorite seasonal piece?
- Fitting Tricks: Share those fitting tips
- Uniquely You: What’s your uniquely personal style?
- Last Thoughts: What has this month done to change your feelings on dressing yourself? Will you join us again?
Below are some fun Instagram images you can share to let everyone know you’ve joined the challenge!